Tryouts for 2015 Thunder 10’s
The Hastings Baseball Committee is excited to announce tryouts for our 2015, 10 and under Hastings Thunder team.
Hastings Thunder information
The Thunder program was started to give those players wanting to learn and play more baseball, but not have a lot of travel and expenses.
Age – The players age as of April 30, 2015
The 10 year old Thunder team will:
• will play in the Hastings Little League during the week which plays 12 to 14 games, with no tournaments
• will play aprx 12 Thunder games. Games will be on weekends. Games will scheduled starting in late April, a couple of weekends in May and June.
• games will be here in Hastings, or the Tri-city areas. No overnight stays are planned for the Thunder 10’s.
• game days would usually consist of double headers. Sunday games would be scheduled in the mid afternoon.
• we would try a host a tournament in June, depending on teams available in the area.
• If other Tournaments are scheduled they will be in this area to keep travel expenses down.
Schedule – will be made after tryouts in October/ November
Practices – during the season practices would usually be on weekends so not to take away from the Little League teams. Some weekday practices may be scheduled when they do not conflict. A practice or two may be scheduled during the winter months, just to keep arms in condition, but not a weekly practice. Regular practices will begin in late March, Early April.
Fee: $100 – covers, insurance, uniforms, umpires. (Plus your fee to play in Hastings Little League.
The Thunder are affiliated with Nebraska USSSA Baseball for insurance etc..
August 10th at 4:00 p.m. Hastings Baseball Hitting Facility west of Duncan Field. Also the Harms Fields, across from Duncan, will be used for fielding.
For more information contact
Greg Adams (EQGadams@windstream.net), (402) 469-0316
Blake Peshek (firstname.lastname@example.org), (402) 984-9072
Tate Mays (email@example.com
Tim Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) (402) 463-4430
Five Points Bank advances to Seniors State tournament
Hastings Five Points Bank qualified, as Runner Up in Area A7, for the Nebraska Senior State Baseball Tournament. They will play in the the American Division at 5 p.m., July 26 against Fairway Asset Mustangs (Millard North) at Omaha South Field.
JIH Wins Cornhusker League Championship
Johnson Imperial Homes won the Cornhusker League Championship with a 9-4 win over Lincoln (Pius) Sandhills Publishing. Congratulations to the players and coaches.