Duncan Batting Facility News & Rules
Good news yall! The batting facility is in tip top shape. However, we need you to be reminded of some rules.
NO SPIKES or CLEATS, metal or molded.
Field turf is difficult to clean …no gum, seeds, snacks on turf
Keep bags as far from turf as possible up against the wall
2015 Baseball Registration
TWO dates to register in person during the following dates at YMCA Champions Baseball area. Fastest to register online and then stop in at one of the remaining dates to pick up your team hat and fundraising packets.
Thurs/Feb. 26th – 6:00 to8:00 pm
Sat/March 7th – 9:00 to noon
Download Ned Yost Phone App (Learn Defense) for Free!
Learn the mental part of defense with Baseball Academics. Go to your phone app store and download for free! Click to learn more»
B League Pitching Clinic
To help those young players coming up and playing their second year in B League, Hastings Baseball will be holding a pitching clinic for those that Register to play baseball before March 1. A parent/guardian is requested to help and learn. Each player that register will receive a ticket for the Clinic at the In-Person registration.The Clinic will be held at…
YMCA Champions Baseball area
Sunday, March 15th from 1:30 to 3:30 pm.
Hastings Baseball Skills Evaluation
Saturday March 21, 2015
9:00 a.m. – B League and Rookie/Pee Wee players wanting to play up a League
11:00 a.m. – A League players
12:30 a.m. – Pony League players
Location : Hastings YMCA – 18th street location – Baseball area
Format: Players will be evaluated on performance and potential in six skills/abilities. Those skills/abilities are:
- Foot speed (40 yard dash)
- Arm strength (from outfield)
- Defensive skills (infield and catching)
- Pitching/throwing mechanics (from mound)
- Hitting mechanics
- Hitting power
- A group of two to three evaluators will assign a single score per player for each skill
Skills will be scored as follows:
- 5 points – player is in approximate top 10% of age group in this skill
- 4 points – player is in approximate top 1/3 but not top 10%
- 3 points – player is average or near average; approximate middle 1/3
- 2 points – player is in approximate bottom 1/3 but not bottom 10%
- 1 point – player is in approximate bottom 10% of age group
- All individual skill scores will be added to give each player a total score. Players then will be ranked and assigned to teams as evenly as possible based on scores and position played.
The Newly Renovated Duncan Field Gets First State Tournament
The Hastings Legion Baseball Board is excited to announce Duncan Field will host the 2015 American Legion Class A American Division Senior State Tournament July 25-29. Five Points Bank will be the host team for the Tournament.
Hastings and Duncan Field have hosted the Senior State Tournament eight times, most recently in 2001.
The first voluntary workout will be Thurs. Feb 12th at 7:00pm for all returners from Runza, JIH & 5 Points Bank at the 18th St. Champions. There will be a Parents meeting at Champions on Sunday, Feb 15th at 5:30pm for both returning parents and kids new to the program. Voluntary workouts for anyone that did not participate on an upper level legion team in 2014 but are trying out for a 2015 team will start March 12th.
Please have the last 4 digits of your son’s social security number and your insurance information at the meeting.
Put your name on a Duncan Field Seat
If you would like to have your name engraved on a seat at the newly renovated Duncan Field, there are still seats available. Print out and use the form below to donate to the project.